CVI - chronic venous insufficiency
Constant violations of venous outflow, problems with blood circulation in the legs lead to the emergence of CVI syndrome. About 10-15% of the adult population suffers from this disease. This syndrome is a companion of varicose veins.
CVI - causes of chronic venous insufficiency
CVI is a symptomatic complex, in which there are problems with the lumen of the veins. Usually the vessels have a normal lumen. In case of violations, the capacity of the veins is significantly reduced. Overloading of the venous system leads to a violation of the return of blood, which is manifested by the appearance of symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency.
Is CVI dangerous? Wikipedia claims that CVI is actively developing and progressing in women 30-50 years, especially those with hereditary predisposition. Often the symptoms of CVI occur during pregnancy - when the body weight increases significantly.
Among the factors leading to CVI, called weak physical activity.
The appearance of CVI provokes:
- проездки в транспорте без смены положении;
- long static position in the workplace;
- избыток веса;
- propensity to constipation;
- stay on the heat for a long time;
- straining when lifting weights.
In addition, CVI can occur with systematic exercise and taking hormonal contraceptives, often with CVI during pregnancy.
CVI - symptoms
CVI may not be manifested for a long time, but the symptoms manifest significantly affect the quality of life of the patient. The first symptoms are a feeling of heaviness in the legs, very often there are swelling of the lower leg, feet. Next - raspiruyuschie pain. Calf muscles at night can reduce the cramp, the patient experiences a feeling of heat in the lower limbs.
Through the skin, the vascular "sprockets" and veins, which, with varicose veins become visible in the form of plexuses, similar bunches of grapes, begin to appear through the skin. The skin becomes drier, is covered with brown "islands" that grow as the disease develops. In the end, a trophic ulcer forms in their center.
CVI - stages of chronic venous insufficiency
The disease has several stages:
- the venous wall first changes;
- the valves stop functioning;
- возникает извращенный кровоток, приводящий к венозной гипертензии;
- there is varicose veins;
- changes skin pigmentation;
- can develop varicose eczema;
- на этой стадии часто развивается тромбоз, поражающий глубокие вены;
- among complications - thrombophlebitis, thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery.
The walls of the veins become more permeable, the lymph enters the blood, the trophic is broken and inflammation occurs (10-15% of cases). The last stage of CVI is a venous trophic ulcer (4% of cases)
CVI - Diagnostics
Обычно к флебологу больные обращаются, когда явные признаки ХВН видны невооруженным глазом, и диагноз поставить легко. Специализированные клиники для диагностики ХВН применяют ультразвуковые методы:
- the state of the vessels is studied;
- it is estimated how the blood flow is on them;
- violations in the work of venous valves.
When UZDS-examination, the doctor receives a three-dimensional image of the vessel, reliable information about its functioning, and can deliver an objective diagnosis.
CVI in pregnancy
In pregnant women, chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limbs is very common. Usually it manifests itself in the form:
- расширения вен небольшого калибра, расположенных под кожей;
- changes in subcutaneous veins accompanied by edema;
- расширения вен промежности;
- флебопатии – развитии симптомов ХВН при отсутствии явных изменений.
Pregnant women are prescribed therapeutic agents aimed at improving phlebodynamics.
CVI. How to treat the disease with creams?
Treatment with all sorts of ointments is very common at the household level. Many patients stop treatment. Most ointments only temporarily relieve puffiness and pain. CVI - than to treat? This question is asked by all patients. Such popular means as heparin ointment, venoruton, venitane, hepatrombin cope well with external manifestations of CVI at an early stage, but its cause can not be eliminated. For effective treatment, which will give a long-term result, visiting a phlebologist or vascular surgeon is necessary.
CVI - how to cure without consequences?
You can do this even in difficult cases, treatment of CVI in Moscow can be carried out at a high level. However, then to restore the blood flow in the veins will need surgery. But in the early stages of a fairly conservative treatment of CVI without surgery. In particular, elastic compression is used. For this, special medical jersey is used in the form of stockings, golf, tights (conservative treatment).
In the treatment of CVI, it is very important not to waste time on the use of various ointments that give a local and short-term effect, and to seek help from a qualified specialist.
CVI - complications of chronic venous insufficiency
Many patients are of the opinion that CVI is not too dangerous, that this is just cosmetics. In fact, disturbances in the venous blood flow of the legs provoke the formation of blood clots. Therefore, CVI has two major complications: thrombosis and thrombophlebitis. In the first disease, deep veins suffer:
- пораженный участок приобретает синеватый оттенок,
- tissues swell,
- движения сопровождаются болью.
In thrombophlebitis, blood clots form in the superficial veins. Wherein
- skin turns red;
- painful seals develop under the skin
- при ходьбе больном испытывает резкую боль в ногах.
A severed thrombus can clog a large vessel and cause death. Acute manifestations of these diseases are treated only in a surgical hospital. You can be sure of the danger of CVI - photos, the results are on websites on the Internet.
KVN - treatment in Moscow
In the early stages of the disease, much can be done to treat the symptoms of CVI. Treatment is conservative in the following activities:
- a compression effect is prescribed, in particular pneumomassage;
- the diet is adjusted, as often CVI is a consequence of a set of excess weight;
CVI - medication treatment
If you need to remove CVI, treatment (Moscow offers many drugs) is based on the following points:
- special attention is paid to sports, in particular, to swimming;
- appointed strengthening preparations - venotoniki, gels and ointments.
Do you have CVI? Treatment of CVI without surgery is real! It is only necessary to find a doctor who will explain everything correctly and accessible.
CVI - treatment at home
Do not be afraid if you have diagnosed CVI. Treatment with folk remedies will ease the situation. For example, venotonizing drugs will help. They strengthen the walls of blood vessels, stimulate microcirculation, quickly relieve the feeling of fatigue, swelling. Also, patients undergo treatment with blood thinning medications.
It is necessary to alleviate pain in CVI? Treatment with folk methods:
- Яблочный уксус. Дважды в день на 30 мин. накладывают на ноги марлю, пропитанную уксусом, в течение 30 минут. Ноги держат повыше. Отзывы о средстве противоречивы, но большинство отмечает положительный слабый эффект.
- Bell pepper. In a glass of hot water, a teaspoon of pepper powder is made and drunk three times a day. It stops pain in the legs and improves blood flow. But it is not so easy to go through CVI, treatment, the results are still not the same as when treated with a professional phlebologist doctor.
Symptoms of CVI - prevention of chronic venous insufficiency
If daily to carry out simple activities, the risk of CVI decreases at times. If they even detect CVI, treatment will not become so serious, especially in the early stages.
- You should lead a healthy lifestyle, play sports.
- Follow the diet.
- Wear comfortable shoes, use orthopedic insoles.
- Use elastic compression.
If the first signs of CVI still appeared, postpone the visit to the phlebologist can not. He diagnoses the degree of CVI. Any delay in time is fraught with complications. Some of them lead to death. If the disease still developed to a difficult stage, despair is not necessary. Even complex cases can be cured by the methods of modern endovascular surgery, check the photo on our clinic's website.